MILLION POLLINATOR CHALLENGE/MONARCH WATCH
We are proud to support National Garden Clubs, Inc. in their partnership with the National Wildlife Federation to help preserve the habitats and food supplies of our vitally important pollinators. A&M Garden Club will celebrate its Eightieth Anniversary in 2017, and our goal is to have Eighty (at least!) registered area gardens in the Million Pollinator Challenge. These can be public and/or private gardens.
To Register your butterfly garden – Go to National Garden Clubs, Inc. web site – www.gardenclub.org
1. Scroll down to the bottom of page, click – “The Million Pollinator Garden Challenge”.
2. Scroll down to just below Resources, click “National Pollinator Garden Network and the Million Pollinator Garden Challenge” – goes to http://millionpollinatorgardens.org.
3. Scroll down to the words “Register your Garden to BEE Counted” and click – goes to http://pollinator.org/mpgcmap.
4. Scroll down and click – Register, goes to http://pollinator.org/mpgcmap/register
5. Enter your name, e-mail, location, organization (A&M Garden Club), website (amgardenclub.com), type of butterfly garden (such as – home landscape with native habitat, pocket gardens, planting beds, including nectar and host plants for butterflies and other pollinators, etc.)
At the same time, we are promoting the Monarch Watch program, and will be attending various local events giving out information, butterfly plants, and milkweed seeds to the public.